This main section of writing samples reflects upon published works during my college career. You can view additional works from my professional career in the Communications Coordinator portion of my portfolio.

During my college tenure, I worked in many different writing positions. I was the editor-in-chief of my community college student newspaper and a staff reporter for my hometown newspaper, THE DAILY LEADER. Once I transferred to the University of Mississippi, I continued to do freelance work for THE OXFORD EAGLE and The Daily Mississippian. I wrote press releases as part of my public relations internship with the Oxford-Lafayette County Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development Foundation. During the Spring semester of 2010, I took part in a journalism school weekend internship with The Vicksburg Post.

Below are some writing samples of the news and feature stories I have written.

Chamber Debuts Annual Oxford print – 10th in Artists’ Series

A New Hope: Rise of the Millennials

Local dealerships cope with soft economy

I-55 south closed to traffic for evacuees fleeing Louisiana

Local Transit a ‘driving’ concern